This is a great article from PBS’s MediaShift on how to correct mistakes on social media.
– Neither Facebook or Twitter offer a suggestion on how correct a poorly written post. Pundits suggest these services, or a third party app, need to create a functionality that lets users correct errors and notify anyone who retweeted the erroneous message (great idea for budding API developers!)
– Google+ allows users to edit posts and lists the date and time of the change.
Made a mistake? Best practices include:
– capture the error with a screengrab
– acknowledge the mistake and reference the error
– send tweets and messages to let those who shared or retweeted the error